JMJ Phillip Executive Search has collected and synthesized executive search and recruiting trends in 2018 to compile a list of the top five executive search mistakes seen over the course of the year. The list, an annual tradition for the executive search firm specializing in manufacturing, supply chain, and technology, features some age-old candidate errors, and some new insights triggered by emerging technologies.
“We are seeing incredible growth across different sectors and industries when it comes to executive search and recruiting,” said Dennis Theodorou, Vice President of JMJ Phillip Executive Search. “While many of the mistakes we’re seeing are common, and we see them every year, the changing dynamics in the market, economy, and emerging technologies has given rise to mistakes that are new, and our teams will need to adapt to.”
The 2018 Executive Search Mistakes list created by JMJ Phillip Executive Search features the following insights, which often hindered some candidates from pursuing new, exciting positions.
1) Candidates were slow to provide recruiters with information. This hindered the recruiting process by causing delays in receiving resumes, supporting documents, and responses to availability.
2) Candidates were not up front with recruiters about what they desired in a new role. Being straight forward in what is desired in a new career allows recruiters to seek the proper opportunities to align with career goals.
3) Candidates did not disclose other opportunities to recruiters. This creates difficulties for recruiter as they struggled to push the process forward and provide candidates the best deals possible.
4) Candidates were not open to feedback. Recruiters understand that for executive and senior-level prospects, this isn’t your first rodeo. However, recruiters often have advanced insights on what employers are specifically looking for. Take the time to speak with recruiters before interviews so that you have the information needed to prepare.
5) Candidates did not have up-to-date resumes. Not having an up-to-date resume causes frustration for potential employers as it is an essential piece to vetting process.
With the unemployment rate at historical lows, and the tightening talent market, 2019 is a great time to consider advancing a career. JMJ Phillip Executive Search consultants are strategically aligned with some of the world’s most renowned corporations to identity the top 5% of talent globally.
About JMJ Phillip:
JMJ Phillip Executive Search is a global full-service boutique Executive Search Firm specializing in the Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Technology sectors. An industry leader and division of JMJ Phillip Holding, JMJ Phillip Executive Search began more than 15 years ago when the founder converted immense experience of manufacturing technology consulting into providing talent to the executive search industry. With multiple locations nationwide, along with a profound network of various workforce type brands, JMJ Phillip Executive Search is continually rising to be among the world’s most reputable executive search firms. For additional information regarding JMJ Phillip Executive Search, please visit jmjphillip.com or call 877-500-7762.